Subscribe to the NUBC Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual
National Uniform Billing Committee Official Data Specifications Manual
The Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual 2021, copyrighted by the American Hospital Association, is the only official source of UB-04 billing information adopted by the National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC). No other publication—governmental or private/commercial—can be considered authoritative. It contains updated specifications for the data elements and codes included on the UB-04 claim form, and used in the electronic HIPAA Institutional 837 Health Care Claim transaction standard.
NUBC is a voluntary committee chaired by the American Hospital Association (AHA) with representation by national provider and payer organizations. Approval of the UB-04 form and manual design, and updates are made by the NUBC. AHA holds the copyright to the Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual and makes it available through Health Forum, the data and publishing subsidiary of the AHA.
Subscription to the UB-04 Manual is available through single-user and multi-user licenses. Delivered as a PDF e-book, the subscription also provides access to a searchable 21-year archive of the NUBC meeting minutes.
Both the single-user and multi-user subscriptions grant licensees use of the UB-04 Manual within their organizations for internal business purposes only. Content cannot be shared, copied, modified or transformed into derivative works.
To license an electronic version of the UB-04 code set for internal use or integration into products and services, contact the Licensing Department at email@example.com.
All subscribers are on the same subscription cycle of 7/1 to 6/30; there are no partial or pro-rata subscriptions. The 2021 Manual e-book will be available for your use through June 30, 2021, the end of the licensing period. At that time, the e-book will expire and you will need to purchase a new license for the 2022 Manual.
For pricing and ordering information click on the links below:
Multi-User License (more than 50 users) – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning December 17, 2018, any order placed for the UB-04 Manual is being accessed through Tizra®, a digital publishing software that makes it easy to access content. Orders placed before December 17 were transferred to the new platform in February 2019.
What is Tizra®?
Tizra® is a high-powered, browser-based digital publishing software that makes content easy to find and consume.
The new platform will allow you to:
- Access the Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual and NUBC Minute Archive from any browser with your AHA Online Store log-in credentials.
- Print up to 20 pages at a time for a total of 15 times during the licensing period.
- Easily search the content using bookmarks and keywords.
Ordering Online (fastest method)
- Click the link above to the appropriate license level for your organization.
- Add the selected UB-04 Manual to the cart.
- Review the license agreement. Acceptance is required to complete the order.
- Continue to check-out. You will be prompted to enter your Online Store User ID and Password.
If you do not have a User ID/Password you can register.
- Select your payment method (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).
- Complete your check-out.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line, “Important Information Regarding Accessing Your AHA Ebook on Tizra.” This email will include a custom URL to access the UB-04 Manual through Tizra®. You may log on to Tizra® using the same User ID and Password used for Step 4.